Users can influence the final product, before production, in relation to individual user needs and aesthetic preferences.
Customisation can support product longevity through stronger user satisfaction and emotional investment.
- Users may not want to make choices.
- Customisation requires a user friendly system.
- Big brands such as Nike offer their users the possibility to personalise their purchase.
- Bow and Drape within high street apparel uses a ‘coffee to go’ strategy, i.e. users choose their own combination of pre-fixed elements
- Suiting such as by the company Creyate
- Unmade’s customised knitwear.
Niinimäki (ed.) (2013). Sustainable Fashion: new approaches. Aalto University, Helsinki.
Pine & Gilmore (2011). The Experience Economy. Harvard Business Review Press.